Task: get basic knowledge of how to work with Symbolic Toolbox in the MATLAB software package (Part 3).
The MATLAB function for performing symbolic differentiation is diff(f,’t’,n) where f is the symbolic expression to differentiate.
– ‘t’ is an optional attribute used to specify the variable of differentiation (there may be more than one symbol present); if not specified, the letter closest to x is used.
– n specifies the order of the derivative, with 1 being the default if n is omitted.
syms x a b t
f1 = 6*x^3-4*x^2+b*x-5;
f2 = sin(a);
f3 = (1 – t^3)/ (1 + t^4);
diff(f1) ans = 18*x^2-8*x+b
ans = 36*x-8
ans = x
ans = cos(a)
ans = 0 % Expected since not a function of x
ans = -3*t^2/(1+t^4)-4*(1-t^3)/(1+t^4)^2*t^3
ans = t^2*(-3+t^4-4*t)/(1+t^4)^2
The MATLAB function for performing symbolic integration is int(f,’t’,a,b) or int(f,’t’,’m’,’n’) where
– f is the symbolic expression to integrate
– ‘t’ optionally specifies the variable of integration for the case of several different symbols; if not specified, the letter closes to x is used
– a and b optionally specify numerical limits of integration
– ‘m’ and ‘n’ optionally specify symbolic limits of integration
syms x a b
g1 = 6*x^3 – 4*x^2 + b*x – 5;
g2 = sin(a);
g3 = sqrt(x);
ans = 3/2*x^4-4/3*x^3+1/2*b*x^2-5*x
ans = 6*x^3*b-4*b*x^2+1/2*b^2*x-5*b
ans = -cos(a)
ans = 2
ans = 0 % Expected for the area under a full cycle
ans = 2/3*x^(3/2)
ans = 2/3*b^(3/2)-2/3*a^(3/2)
int(g3,1,2) ans = 4/3*2^(1/2)-2/3
vpa(int(g3,1,2),50) % Variable precision arithmetic
ans = 1.2189514164974600650689182989462641047595625005025
The MATLAB symbolic solution is
syms fn Fs a
Hfs = (1 – a)^2/(1 – 2*a*cos(2*pi*fn) + a^2);
(1 – a)^2 / 1 – 2 a cos(2 pi fn) + a^2
If you want to deal with your assignment successfully, the sample you just read can help you. After reading through the guide, you have, probably, gotten some ideas on how to handle your own task. You can also find more examples on our site that can help you with homework in different disciplines. For getting more help, you can visit https://assignment.essayshark.com/ and place an order with the requirements and deadline. We are available 24/7 so you can get help any time you want. Your assignment problems can be solved by one of our experts. He or she will create work that will get a good grade.
In order to get our help, you need to tell the writer all of your instructions. After that, the writer will start working immediately on your task. If you have any questions about the order, you can contact the expert and ask whatever you want. After you are fully satisfied with the completed assignment, you pay for it.